Monday, September 20, 2010

The Family Curse

So I'm really starting to believe that our family is cursed. Clayton was flipping through medical bills a couple weeks ago (from when Hudson broke his arm, and when I broke my elbow) when he said to all of us..."No one else is allowed to get hurt!" That's when he jinxed us.

Only a few short days later our family was enjoying our annual trip to San Diego. We decided to stop for a picnic on Sunday the 12th at Balboa Park. We were all unloading the car. Liberty was inside, unbuckled, waiting for us to come get her. London didn't realize that Liberty was unbuckled and leaning up against the door. London quickly opened the car door to throw something inside when Liberty came falling from the seat of our Sequoia all the way to the ground landing directly onto her face. We all started screaming. I started balling. I can still hear the sound of her face hitting the pavement. It gives me nightmares. I was actually on the other side of the door so I only saw her land, but my poor husband was on the other side, at the back of the car and he tells me that he can't get that image of her falling out of his head. It makes him sick to his stomach.

From The Lee Family


Poor London felt so bad. She ran and got into the car and couldn't stop crying. We let her know that is was just and accident. It still makes me sick just thinking about it all. Liberty had 2 big bumps/scraps on her forehead, a large gash under her nose, scrapes on her nose, and a big fat black eye. At first we thought just her face was injured, but come to find out she has a broken arm too. We couldn't tell her arm was broken because she had a big fluffy jacket on, so her arm wasn't cut or bleeding. She kept saying her arm hurt that day, so we took her to urgent care and sure enough it was broken.

From The Lee Family

Liberty brought her favorite doll to the urgent care with her, and the lady there was so sweet, she decided "Baby Sue" needed her x-ray as well. Baby Sue also got a splint just like Liberty.
From The Lee Family

From The Lee Family

Despite all the bumps and bruises she still remained the sweetest, happiest girl ever.
From The Lee Family

Here she is at Disneyland a few days after the fall... you can imagine all the weird looks we received from everyone passing by.
From The Lee Family

So finally today she got her cast, a week and one day after the accident. She didn't like when the Dr. took off her bandage, but she LOVES her new cast. I'm just so relieved that I don't have to worry that she's going to trip and fall every second of the day.
Now I just need someone to tell me how the heck do you keep a 2 year old from getting their cast filthy and covered in food? Help!
From The Lee Family
If anyone else breaks a bone in my family I think I'm gonna lose it!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Poor baby! It sounds so traumatic! I didn't know you broke your elbow. What happened? I hope your string of bad luck ends soon!

Marissa Marie said...

Awww, that's so sad. She definitely looks like she was in a prize fight or something!

stacy said...

jeff told us about this and we were all so sad. tatum can't stop talking about it! she asks about libbys "bloody" eye. :) poor sweetheart! poor YOU!

Me said...

That is just awful Robin! My stomach was turning just reading about it. Poor thing looked like she got in a boxing match :( Hopefully she heals quickly.
I'll pray that your family escapes that curse quick ;)

Readings Digest said...

I heard about poor Liberty's arm, but I didn't realize until reading your blog that her face really took a beating. Poor thing. Thankfully (and amazingly) it looks like her teeth were spared.

Gaylene said...

I wanted to cry with London when I saw these pictures. Kelsie keeps saying "Libby, BIG Owie" Then she sees her smiles in all the pictures and says, "Libby, funny!" SO GLAD everything is okay. It's so hard when our kids get hurt. Were people calling her Rocky at Disneyland?

Julz said...

You have got to be joking! Poor thing and you too! (that has to be some kind of record for breaks in ne family in such a short time!)