Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Big News!

My oldest nephew is serving in the Mexico City South mission. He is such an awesome kid! Just an all around great example. Plus he's super funny. Here is an extra special excerpt from the letter he emailed our entire extended family last week. I thought I might share it with everyone, after all it is pretty interesting.

"So I was reading in the scriptures the other day and something really stuck out to me and I had a really strong impression about something back at home. I read in Isaiah about the prediction of the coming of Christ. In Isaiah 7:14 about how the The lord will give us a sign, that a virgin will conceive and give light to a child. (I'm translating from spanish so it might not exactly say that) I figure if Isaiah can prophesy about the birth of a baby, I figure as a missionary, I can too. It also says in D:C that whatever we say when moved upon by the spirit will be scripture. So I want you guys to listen close as if this was scripture. Y he aqui yo os dirĂ¡ que Robin Lee esta embarrasada. For you all that don't know spanish, Robin is pregnant. That's my prophesy that I received as revelation as a missionary that I want to share to you guys. This is why this letter is titled Big News. Hope you guys don't think I'm going crazy. Call her and ask for yourself.

I hope you all are doing great. I love you all so much. Have a great week and have fun learning Paragliding Dad.
-Elder Jake Andersen"


You may have guessed that he was embellishing the truth a little (what a goof) But it is true! Baby #4 is due April 20th. We are very excited!

We wrote Jake the day before and told him that we were expecting and told him he needed to spread the word to the family. I have to give him kudos for his creativity. That morning
his mom called me in great confusion and asked me if we had said something to Jake. I said yes. Then with a huge sigh of relief she said, " Oh good, I thought he was going crazy!"

His letter is definitely going in the baby book!

8 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

How am I supposed to catch up??? Ha ha, congrats!

Julz said...

Hoooray!!! I was hoping you would join the club soon! That was a great way to share your news! Hope you arent feeling tooo yucky!
Congrats!

Bert and Benton said...

Oh my goodness that is hilarious! Definitely one of the more creative ways I've seen to spread the good news. Congrats, Robin!! That is so exciting!! Hope you're feeling ok!
I love that Julie called you just to make sure Jake wasn't losing his mind, haha...awesome

Brittany said...

That is so cute! Congratulations!!!! What exciting news!

Readings Digest said...

I am so happy for you!! That is so great! Congratulations! I love you telling Jake to tell everyone and I love what he did. Hilarious.

Me said...

Congrats! What a fun way to tell the family!

Erin said...

Felicidades! That is hilarious that you had Elder Jake announce the news. Very clever and glad he is not going crazy.

Marissa Marie said...

So, how are you feeling? When do you find out the gender? Need new updates!