Thursday, May 17, 2012

Angel Moroni

I heard this past Tuesday morning that the Angel Moroni would be place on top of the Gilbert Temple at 2pm that day.  I was so excited.  I decided to pull my kids out of school and take them down to see it happen.  They had no clue why I was getting them out of school, which was half the fun.  When I told them, they couldn't wait.  So much so that they started freaking out because I wanted to run through the drive thru to grab some lunch beforehand.  They were SURE we would miss it. Luckily we made it with plenty of time to spare AND we survived the sun beating down on us in 105 degree weather, yuck!  It was totally worth it.  What an unforgettable experience.  I asked Liberty what her favorite part was and she said, "I like him to go high."  Although for the rest of the day she was very concerned with how he was going to get down again.  I kept having to explain that he was gonna stay up there forever.  She didn't quite get it. 

I wish my photos could have more accurately captured the multitude of people that were gathered to watch.  It was incredible!  People kept opening their windows as they were driving by to ask what the heck everyone was doing.   I discovered that it was a difficult question to answer in 3 seconds, but I did my best. Here are some of my favorite shots from the day...

From May 17, 2012
From May 17, 2012
From May 17, 2012
From May 17, 2012
From May 17, 2012
Can you see Liberty's lipstick, what a girl!
From May 17, 2012
From May 17, 2012
From May 17, 2012
From May 17, 2012
From May 17, 2012
Nice and sweaty!
From May 17, 2012

1 comments:

Brittany said...

So, I've seen about 100 people post pictures about this and let me tell you - you're the only one where I can actually tell what's going on! Way to capture the moment! I can't get over how huge that statue is! Or how darling your kids are! They've changed so much since I saw them in November! Now I really feel like I was there. Thank you.

PS Instagram is a phone app. You load your camera phone pics (or others if you can get them on your phone) and then there are filters you can put on them. Then, you load it onto your feed. People can follow your pics, you can follow other people's. I am private on there but if you decide to join let me know and I'll give you my name on there so we can follow each other! It's pretty fun, I'm telling you! Ok, end novel.