Thursday, April 18, 2013

Kingston is 2!

Kingston may not have completely understood that today was his birthday but he really enjoyed having lots of cool new things around the house to play with.  He also enjoyed the plethora of treats at his fingertips. 

The rest of my kids know all about birthdays and they were ready at 6am this morning to wake him up and bring on the fun.  I put it off until 7:15, and even then Kingston was not so sure he wanted to be awake yet.  It took him a while but soon he was loving all of the fun.  Especially this blow up bounce house/slide.  I was planning on borrowing a friends bounce house for the day but then found this one on craigslist for a good deal.  It's way more elaborate a gift then I would normally give a child but I figured we will get a lot of use out of it this summer.(since it is a water slide too)  And man did it get used today!
From April 18, 2013

Each time my children have a birthday I find it very bittersweet.  It is so great to celebrate how special they are and yet it feels like they are growing up way too fast.  Sometimes I wish I could just freeze the age where they are right now.  I need Kingston to always be my cute little one year old baby, with a binky in his mouth, carrying a giant pile of blankies.  I need Liberty to be the sweet, innocent 4 year old, with chubby cheeks, that is so excited about every single thing in life.  I need Hudson to remain 8 years old, so young and pure with a  happy little smile on his face, always trying to be obedient and thoughtful.  And London to remain 11, not quite old enough to be a Young Woman, still just a kid, willing to help in any way but so anxious to just get out and play.  Why... can't they all just stay this way???

I know the Lord has a plan, and even though my idea seems pretty awesome, He knows whats best.  So I will just have to continue to freeze my kids with my photographs.  Those I will keep forever! 

Happy Birthday Cuddles, I love you!

Love,

Mom
From April 18, 2013
From April 18, 2013
Not so sure he is liking all the attention he is getting!  Talk about pressure to perform!    From April 18, 2013
From April 18, 2013
From April 18, 2013
From April 18, 2013
From April 18, 2013
This shot cracks me up.  I think he may have been worried that Aunt Chelsea was gonna want her gifts back.  He was safe guarding them with his life.  From April 18, 2013
From April 18, 2013

3 comments:

Alix said...

He's getting so big! and that bounce house looks like fun! miss you guys!

Alix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marissa Marie said...

For cuteness! Even though your kids keep growing up you never seem to age. :)