Monday, August 27, 2012

Sara Palin

My Mom called me this morning and told me that Sara Palin was going to be at Joe's BBQ backing Kirk Adams for Congress. I am a Sara Palin fan and thought it could be fun to go see her. Then we both started feeling like maybe it was more trouble then it was worth. But THEN we heard it was gonna be at Joe's Farm Grill which is 1 mile from my house. We decided we HAD to go. So we show up and the best photo I could get from where we were standing was this...

From August 27, 2012
She finished her speech and left. We couldn't see where she went. My Mom and I ended up in this one spot and then suddenly we see Kirk Adams making his way over towards us.
From August 27, 2012
I totally didn't even see Sara Palin. (standing to his left) She had changed shirts and was holding her little boy and I just thought she was Kirk's wife. I was super bummed that I had missed my photo opp. My Mom quickly yelled, "Thank You Sara!" And then Sara turned her head and looked at us and said something like "Thank YOU!"
From August 27, 2012
I thought that was all I was gonna get, when before I knew it I was being told that the "Press needs to stay behind this rope" I happily took my place as one of the "Press" and started snapping away. MAN, it was fun! I felt so official and so important surrounded by all of these other camera's with huge zoom lenses. I've never photographed in a setting like that before. It was exciting. Here are the images I got of Sara and Kirk serving BBQ chicken to their supporters.
From August 27, 2012
From August 27, 2012
From August 27, 2012
From August 27, 2012
From August 27, 2012
I have to say that she is in GREAT shape. She is tiny and very fit, check out her legs in the photo walking with her son. It was fun to see her. I guess I will have to back Kirk now.

0 comments: