Monday, April 5, 2010

From The Lee Family

For the most part we had a very nice Easter, right up until about 6pm. The kids were playing outside on the trampoline. I felt the need to go check on them, so I did. I had to warn them that they were being too crazy and needed to be more careful. I even went as far as saying to Hudson, "Hudson, are you OK with breaking your arm, leg, or neck, because if you keep doing that you are gonna!" They made a few changes to their game, but still acting too ruff for my liking. I went inside, and the next thing I remember hearing was screaming and yelling. I looked outside to see my husband drop what he was doing and run to the tramp and say "we're going to the hospital" I immediately start balling and yelling "what do I do?" I didn't want to see what had happened, I knew it was bad. London is screaming frantically "Hudson broke his arm, I saw it" She was loosing it. Clayton rushed Hudson to the car and took him straight to the hospital. It literally makes me sick just thinking about the whole incident. This is what it looked like...
From The Lee Family

I looks alot better in the x-ray then it did in real life. My poor little guy. Clayton said he was getting all teary eyed sitting in the waiting area with Hudson while he was in such terrible pain. He told Clayton "I wished I never broke my arm" Clayton said, "I know bud, I wish it had been me instead of you" Hudson replied, "I wish nobody broke their arm!"

He was such a champ. The hospital got him back pretty quickly. They had to put him to sleep so that they could reset his arm. He's doing pretty good today. It just breaks my heart, he's such a sweet little guy.

I thought it was sweet that London was so upset about it all. She was seriously screaming and crying for 20 minutes before I could get her to calm down. She kept saying "I feel so bad for Hudson, he's the best brother in the whole wide world, he broke his arm and it's all my fault...(scream/cry)...etc...

Don't worry I let her know that it was just an accident. She feels alot better today.

You can bet your booty that I made this into a teaching experience. My children now know that they need to listen to their mother when I warn them about something and they also know that they need to be much more careful on the trampoline. Clayton is just mad that it had to be such an expensive valuable lesson.

Here's the pre accident shots. It was a beautiful day and our family enjoyed listening to General Confrence and thinking about our Savior and the blessing He is in our lives. Our kids also had loads of fun searching for eggs, eating candy, getting money, and playing outside.


Here's London, enjoying the spoils of the day.


Liberty became slightly obsessed with the candy... it drove her to robbery.
From The Lee Family


From The Lee Family

Hudson was not too happy about that. These shots crack me up. I am so glad I had my camera in hand. The black and white one is my favorite. Their expressions are priceless. (Libby is holding Hudson's basket)
From The Lee Family


How could you get mad at someone this cute?
From The Lee Family

4 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

Ahhh, Amber broke her leg when she was about Hudson's age on the trampoline. We were spending the night at my grandparents and they thought she was just being a crybaby, she cried through the whole night. The next day my parents came back into town and took her in for an x-ray...and she had her leg broken in two places. I don't think my mom EVER forgave my grandparents (my dad's parents) for letting her suffer all night!

I don't even like watching my babies get IV's, or get their eyes propped open for eye exams, so I can imagine that I wouldn't be able to handle an arm break very well myself! Poor kiddo!

Julz said...

Oh Geez Robin! That would be scary to just see Clayton run and hear him say, "were going to the hospital!" Yuck! Glad he's feeling better and you are right it is a good lesson and it cracks me up that you even predicted it! Way to go! You are an awesome Mom!

Afton said...

Oh my heck! What an Easter. That would be so hard. Poor little guy. I dislike Trampolines for that very thing. I think they are so dangerous, and it I am sure it comes from the fact that I broke my ankle on one. I hope they will listen to mama now! :o)
The kids are so cute and that B/W of Liberty and Hudson...Precious!

Gaylene said...

It was fun to catchup on all of your postings. Grant and Kelsie were getting a good laugh of the Easter "Bandit" and Hudson's underwear pileup. Kelsie has actually done that with 6 pair of Maylee's underwear. I did take a picture, but Jacob wouldn't let me post it on the blog, since one side of Kelsie's cheek was still exposed even with 6 pair of underwear on. It is pretty funny what our kids will do! Not so funny when they do even after we warn them not to do. Lesson learned for your kids... we are still trying to teach the listen and obey at our home.